Ronnie will talk about the journey Tajawal took from a team of 4 product people to where they are today – by building a foundation of a strong, positive, supportive, experimental culture and performance management.
About the Speaker:
>> former Head of Product, Tajawal
>> currently Senior Director – Online & Omnichannel Program (Seera Consumer Travel BU)
Find out more about him on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ronnievarghese/
1) Learning to say no to 100 things and focusing on 5 things that made an impact;
2) Incorporating analytics and business modelling to prioritize initiatives – becoming evidence-based in decision making – Forecasting using bottom-up metrics and channel metrics instead of top-down marketing spend metrics (session, search, funnel conversion, search to book and retention metrics);
3) Going from waterfall to fragile to true agile today;
4) Introducing AB testing to everything we do;
5) Going from wireframing to true UX (embedding user research) into the product process;
6) Gaining alignment and buy in and building a trust-based customer centric model – first within the product team, then to the leadership and marketing team and centering everything around the customer (not tech, not product, not marketing, not revenue) – shifting to solving basic customer problems and letting the result drive revenue;
7) Embedding conversion rate optimization into the product process;
8) Bringing the magic 3 into a Vulcan mind meld – product, UX and technology – if you get this right and the people right, then the rest follows;
9) Building your technology architecture to be truly agile – without autonomous tech architecture, you can’t be agile.
Scaling up a startup!
See You There!