Microservices is an architecture pattern which gets big traction these days, used by big players such as Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, Hypoport or SoundCloud. It is a pattern favored by lean enterprises while it’s true power comes in the combination of diverse methods or technologies. Serverless architectures, polyglot languages, polyglot persistence, event sourcing, CQRS, DevOps, reactive applications, multi-channel applications, CI/CD are some topics which can be discussed in this context, independent from the programming language. Let’s come together on a journey to understand this approach, it’s benefits and it’s implications for sharing experiences, from novice to expert.
1. Introduction to Microservices
2. Introduction to Microservices architecture and how if differs from monolithic and service-oriented architecture
3. Key Microservices design principle
About The Speaker:
1. Saif Rehman: http://ibm.biz/saifrehman
2. Kunal Malhotra: http://ibm.biz/kunalmalhotra1
1. Basic understanding of Python
2. An IBM Cloud account, you can sign up here: http://ibm.biz/micro-services
What to bring?
A laptop, to follow along the hands-on lab
See You There!